Coronavirus (COVID-19): all the UK government information in one place
Can your business help the Government respond to the crisis?
- Call Directory: a list of the current asks from Government and the NHS for solutions to support the response to COVID-19.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): tell us you can produce testing kits and services
- Business support pages from the UK government
- Responding to the Covid-19 pandemic : legal FAQs for businesses in the UK from Ward Hadaway
- MHRA guidance for industry on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Clarification list on Further businesses and premises to close
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses in providing advice about the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Advice for small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis.
- How small businesses can access the government's coronavirus support.
- Guidance about business insurance.
Access to Finance
- Claim a grant through the coronavirus (COVID-19) Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance on business support grant funding
- Advice on how to access the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
- A dedicated helpline has been set up by HMRC to support businesses in financial distress.
Support from Banks
Make a Claim for the Small Business Grant funding via your local council:
- Durham Council form HERE
- Sunderland Council form HERE
- Middlesbrough Council form HERE
- Northumberland and Newcastle Council pages
- North Tyneside Council
- On 16th March, the Prime Minister stated that everyone should work from home if they can.
- Rules on carrying over annual leave to be relaxed to support key industries during COVID-19
- Legal ramifications of COVID-19 for employers
- Guidance for employees
- Guidance on certifying absence and statutory sick pay
- The government will bring forward legislation to allow small- and medium-sized businesses and employers to reclaim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) paid for sickness absence due to COVID-19. The eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- CIPD Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for UK employers.
- Online isolation notes launched - providing proof of coronavirus absence from work.
Planning and leadership
- A checklist has been created to help businesses plan and prepare.
- Guidance from PWC on responding to the potential business impacts of COVID-19.
Growth Hub toolkits
- Northumberland County Council
- Business Durham Covid-19 information.
- Cheshire and Warrington Covid-19 advice
- Humber LEP coronavirus business support
- Leeds City Region Covid-19 support for business
- Liverpool City Region Covid-19 kit.
- NE Growth Hub guidance for businesses
- York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Support for Business
Working from home
- 34 VR Apps for Remote Work, Education, Training, Design Review, and More.
- COVID-19: Ultimate Guide to Free Video Conferencing & Collaboration.
- Here's six tech tools to use for working from home.
- Please keep checking back, we constantly updating
- Crisis policy march 2020 (Word)
- HSF-017 Home Working Checklist - MASTER TEMPLATE (Word)
- Risk Assessment - Example - Homeworking - H&SDEPT - March 2020 (PDF)
- Gearing Up TGP 2020 (Word)
- Business Contingency Coronavirus 2020 (Word)
- Support for Businesses and Employees (PDF)